Stout has deep domain expertise in the Healthcare industry. Our Healthcare team regularly advises public and private healthcare companies and care providers with a complete range of investment banking, valuation, and dispute-related services, including mergers and acquisitions, private capital raising, fairness opinions, legal matters, restructurings, and healthcare management consulting.
Our team has significant expertise and experience in the valuation of healthcare practices and real estate for major services providers. We are regularly asked to provide valuations for Stark and Anti-Kickback matters, property tax appeals, and complex commercial disputes. Our valuation work includes expertise in tax and financial reporting (including valuations related to purchase price allocations, goodwill impairment, international tax restructurings, and intangible asset transfers) through complex situations involving patents and trademarks and forensic analysis.
We also serve as: financial advisors in Chapter 11 proceedings; damages experts in complex commercial disputes (including patent infringement, breach of distributor agreement, breach of noncompete, theft of trade secret, tortious interference, and deceptive trade practice matters); and forensic accountants and data analysts in complex tax and transfer pricing disputes.
We actively speak at national healthcare events, publish our insights in healthcare journals and periodicals, and author Stout articles and quarterly industry reports. Our team knows the competitive landscape in each vertical within healthcare services. We consult with and work together on each client mandate to provide the client with the best, most informed advice and services that our industry has to offer.
Our experience includes:
- Behavioral health companies
- Assisted living and long-term care facilities
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Hospitals (nonprofit and for profit, including acute care, transitional care, and LTACs) and integrated health systems
- Urgent care
- Physician practice management
- Healthcare distributors
- Home healthcare providers
- Hospice programs
- Managed healthcare
- Outpatient services (diagnostic imaging, ambulatory, and dialysis centers)
- Revenue cycle management
- Nurse staffing
- Electronic medical records
- Medical device and medical technology companies
- Hospital supplies
- Specialty pharmaceutical companies
- Molecular diagnostics and clinical labs
- Biotech companies
- Life science tools
- OEM suppliers
- API manufacturers
- Compounding pharmacies
- Specialty distributors and distributors
- Pharmaceutical packaging companies
- Contract research organizations
- Healthcare information technology