Unprecedented recall volume, regulatory actions, and publicity marked 2015 as a record year for recall activity. Based on Stout’s original research, this follow-up to last year’s groundbreaking report reveals new insights into critical issues such as:
- Unprecedented analysis of how consumers respond to recall communications and recommended communication strategies that may enable OEMs to significantly increase completion rates.
- How factors such as vehicle age, recall size, vehicle type and component type influence completion rates…and how manufacturers can use this information to improve outreach efforts.
- Why automotive suppliers may have increased financial exposure in 2016 and beyond.
- Analysis of the dramatic spike in recalls of software-related components, including which components have been most affected in such recalls.
- How the increasingly connected and autonomous vehicle presents unique opportunities and challenges for automotive recalls.