Our team led the design and implementation of a cloud-hosted legal hold platform for a Fortune 200 pharmaceutical company, including the design of supporting processes for data preservation and collection workflows.
Specific tasks we assisted with included:
- Creating and continually updating the detailed project plan inclusive of tasks, deliverables, milestones, timeline, and roles
- Defining business and technical requirements then mapping each requirement to the new platform’s functionality to replicate the organization’s current IBM Atlas workflows
- Automating existing workflows to enhance departed employee data preservation, data system preservation, custodian scoping (through a human resources integration), collection request tracking, and reporting for legal leadership
- Developing an integration between the legal hold platform and the organization’s Exchange environment to effectuate in-place email preservation using Microsoft’s retention policies
- Configuring the front-end user interface and system administrator settings across development and production environments, including 15-plus custom reports used by various legal and information technology (IT) department stakeholders
- Developing and executing 175-plus user acceptance test scripts (one per requirement) and coordinating the subsequent error resolution and re-testing with the software provider
- Creating communication and training plans along with draft communications, training presentations, and role-based quick reference guides that facilitated classroom-style trainings for global legal and IT department resources
- Migrating over 3,000 legal holds, 1,500 custodian interviews, 6,000 collection/preservation requests, and 30,000 custodians on legal hold from IBM’s Atlas to the new legal hold platform
The client was so pleased with the outcome of the project, based on post-project user satisfaction surveys and our seamless execution of the migration, that they asked if they could repurpose our methodology to use as their own for all future legal technology projects.