Recent SEC OCIE examination findings and enforcement actions have sparked a trend of increased scrutiny on fund valuation. Especially with the emergence of digital assets/cryptocurrencies as a new asset class, valuation continues to be an ever-increasing focus area for regulators. This interactive panel included expert analysis and discussion of the policies, procedures, assumptions, and processes funds should use to value assets, as well as how to assess the reasonableness of a valuation.
- Best practices around the valuation of assets, including developing and enhancing valuation policies, procedures, and processes
- Recommendations for communicating with regulators and investors on valuation-related issues
- Insight and opinions around what factors funds should consider when valuing digital assets and cryptocurrencies
- Lessons learned from these recent enforcement actions
- Issues identified by the regulators and the required remediation process
- Amit Joshi, Chief Accounting Officer, Apollo Investment Corp.
- Thomas Friedmann, Partner, Dechert LLP
- Will Coleman, Director, Technology Advisory Services, Cohen & Co.
- Jamie Spaman, Managing Director, Stout
- Matt Rogers, Director & National Leader of SEC and Accounting Advisory Practice, Stout